"It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves." - Sir Edmund Hillary more quotes
BNI Shared Vision Meeting Highlights - March 2, 2006
Laurie Colby kept the groups interest peaked with a multi-media presentation and lots of products on hand to show.
Dr. Dex was recognized for "Most Referrals Passed" and "Most Visitors Invited" in February '06. Great job Dex!
Laurie Colby did a fantastic presentation last week! Laurie used multi-media and tons of product samples to peak everyone's interest. Heck, she even remembered to bring the coffee!
Let's help Laurie out and make sure we refer her to our friends and associates this week! Why continue to deny them the fantastic service that many of us experience ourselves?! Tell your friends to contact Laurie at 570-0083, or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Winners of last months (Feb) BNI "Notable Networker Awards" were Dex Nardella of Nardella Chiropractic (Most Referrals, Most Visitors), and Kevin Dolen (Most Business Passed) of H&R Block. See the accompanying picture of Dex (at right) accepting his awards.
This week's (March 9th) speaker is Mike "The King" Halstead from Halstead Architects. Kent Kerns with F. C. Tucker follows on March 16th. (Newbie reminder to Kent: Don't forget your bio, as you do NOT want a Kevin Dolen version done on your first presentation!)
Also - don't forget to invite some guests!!! We have spots available for an Carpet Cleaner, Electrician, Home Inspector, HVAC, Landscaper, Pest Control, Plumber - or anyone else you might feel would be enthusiastic about helping our team and themselves!
See you Thursday! Have a most successful week!
Dave Philpott, President
PICS International Corp.
Web Marketing Experts "Specializing in Bringing Surfers to Your Site"
Here is a marketing article you may enjoy reading:
7 Ways You Can Use Audio On Your Web Site
By Michelle Timothy
Copyright 2004 by Michelle Timothy - All Rights Reserved
1. Welcome people to your site with a nice audio greeting. In the first fold of the web site prominently posted toward the top of the page, add your photo or a short statement introducing your audio clip and the start and stop audio buttons.
2. Add audio to your Biography- Don't simply repeat things you've already written, entice them to listen to your voice by giving them some information like '3 tips to reduce your taxes'.
3. Customer testimonials- Testimonials are very powerful motivators. It has been proven that people respond better to sales pitches with testimonials than with out. Ask your clients to record a short audio testimonial.
4. Record your guarantee on the order page. In this case an audio clip that played automatically might actually work. Announce a special bonus or remind your customer of a particular benefit they will achieve, ex; "You are just moments away from building your first web site, simply fill in the form, click on the link below and you will have immediate access to..."
5. Record daily tid bits; Quote of the day, prayer of the day, joke of the day all fit this bill . You can even provide industry news. This gives people a reason to return to your web site and tell others to visit your site as well.
6. Offer an audio mini course- Video is expensive and difficult to figure out how to create, edit and upload it to your web site. An inexpensive alternative is audio tutorials. Show images and provide audio clips with each one instead of mounds of written material.
7. Demonstrations- Post actual recordings from radio shows or interviews that you have done. Demonstrate and showcase your talents.
Additional methods for using streaming audio on your
1. Audio Postcards - Create talking emails that get your customers attention. You can create these in HTML and then link to them in your emails. If you set your audio to play automatically then when your reader clicks on the link in their email they will hear your voice immediately.
2. Interviews - Have someone interview you about your product or service. This is a great way to give something of value to your customers while promoting yourself at the same time. You could even interview some of your customers about your product or service.
3. Teleseminars - Create an audio teleseminar to sell or promote a product or service. Another great way to promote yourself while giving away something of value to your customer base.
4. Create A Series of Audio Lessons - Create lessons to promote your website as well as connect and reach your audience more personal way.
5. Web Audio Sermons - Churches can place their sermons online. In fact, many are already doing so.
6. Make an Audio Ebook - Create an ebook using your voice. Not only is an audio ebook easy to listen to, but it gives you a whole new dimension to your ebook.
7. Personal Messages - Sing someone "Happy Birthday" and create an audio postcard for them. There are unlimited ways to use audio in a fun and creative way.
8. Musicians - Showcase your music online in an easy to listen to format.
9. Training and Teaching - Use audio to increase retention rates when teaching or training.
10. Personally thank your customers after they purchase your product or service - Talk about a personal touch'!
11. Provide an Audio Guarantee - Don't just guarantee your products in writing, give them your 'word', LITERALLY!
Indianapolis, IN Meeting
9045 River Road
First Floor Conference Room
Indianapolis, IN 46240
Click for a Map
(Northside of Indianapolis, IN
If anyone is interested in affordably adding Flash Audio or Video to their personal or business websites or email, a top provider of this service is BYOAudio
More about BNI